This post (along with other posts and pages on this site) may include affiliate links. If you make a purchase from an affiliate link, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
What is Email List Cleaning?
Email list cleaning is simply getting rid of inactive, unengaged subscribers. That’s right – you’re going to *remove* people from your email list. People that you spent time and energy to get to sign up in the first place.
Why You Should Clean Your Email List
How to Clean Your Email List
Keeping Your Email List Clean
- Use double opt-ins to make sure that you’re only emailing people who really want your content.
- Send a welcome email (or better yet, a welcome series) to engage subscribers right away.
- Tell people how to whitelist your emails so they appear in their inbox (not just the spam folder).
- Only market your business to your ideal customers – keep your messaging on-track and on-brand.
- Provide unsubscribe links on every email so when someone does decide they don’t want your message.