This post (along with other posts and pages on this site) may include affiliate links. If you make a purchase from an affiliate link, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
- Test a new platform (or a new feature on an existing platform)! Yes, I know I’m the person who literally wrote the book on narrowing your focus to two platforms. But that doesn’t mean you can’t try something new once in a while! I’m going to be playing with Instagram stories later in January!
- Write new ad copy or design new graphics. If you’re normally very direct, try something a little funny. Try reversing your colors and using a secondary color from your brand as the primary on a few ads.
- Create a collaboration. Whether you’re a business of one or in a department of dozens of other marketers, collaborating with other people sparks new ideas and can build new friendships.
- Trade marketing efforts with a friend. Instead of collaborating to build a new product or offer, write for each other. Even if it’s as simple as a couple of social media posts, you’ll have fun thinking about their business, and what they create for you could spark some new ideas to get your creative juices.
- Ask your customers. Some of the best marketing is not created by the company, but by the customers. Run a campaign to collect user-generated content, including testimonials, before and after photos – or whatever makes sense for your business! Not only is this fun, but it also helps remind you why you love your product.
- Run a giveaway or sweepstakes. Nothing drives engagement like a giveaway. And it’s fun once in a while to be talking about something FREE with no (or very few) strings attached.